“This week some exciting news has come out about the effect of meditation on personal wellbeing. Adding to the mounting evidence that meditation has a number of beneficial effects on things like blood pressure and depression, what’s crucial in the new study, which just appeared in Springer Nature’s journal Translational Psychiatry, is that meditation actually causes changes at the deepest level, in our genes. The study was top level, involving scientists from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, the University of California, San Francisco, and Harvard Medical School. Before detailing the research, let us paint the broader picture, because that’s where the real breakthrough is occurring.”
Glenview Elementary Madison, WI
Thinking, Fast and Slow – Daniel Kahneman
“Major New York Times bestseller
Winner of the National Academy of Sciences Best Book Award in 2012
Selected by the New York Times Book Review as one of the ten best books of 2011
A Globe and Mail Best Books of the Year 2011 Title
One of The Economist‘s 2011 Books of the Year
One of The Wall Street Journal‘s Best Nonfiction Books of the Year 2011
2013 Presidential Medal of Freedom Recipient
Kahneman’s work with Amos Tversky is the subject of Michael Lewis’s The Undoing Project: A Friendship That Changed Our Minds
In the international bestseller, Thinking, Fast and Slow, Daniel Kahneman, the renowned psychologist and winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics, takes us on a groundbreaking tour of the mind and explains the two systems that drive the way we think. System 1 is fast, intuitive, and emotional; System 2 is slower, more deliberative, and more logical. The impact of overconfidence on corporate strategies, the difficulties of predicting what will make us happy in the future, the profound effect of cognitive biases on everything from playing the stock market to planning our next vacation―each of these can be understood only by knowing how the two systems shape our judgments and decisions.
Engaging the reader in a lively conversation about how we think, Kahneman reveals where we can and cannot trust our intuitions and how we can tap into the benefits of slow thinking. He offers practical and enlightening insights into how choices are made in both our business and our personal lives―and how we can use different techniques to guard against the mental glitches that often get us into trouble. Winner of the National Academy of Sciences Best Book Award and the Los Angeles Times Book Prize and selected by The New York Times Book Review as one of the ten best books of 2011, Thinking, Fast and Slow is destined to be a classic.”
Enjoy this 10. Minute Guided a Meditation on Establishing Boundaries.
Unconscious. Instinct. Subconscious. Emotional Well-being.
- Comes from the Greek word Selene, meaning moon.
- Water energy, flexibility
- Sweet Angel Stone: Contact and communicate with angels and spirit guides for guidance. Bring light down from the higher realms.
- Removes energy blocks from physical and etheric bodies
- Can clear energy and enhance energy of other crystals
- Protection grid, ameliorate EMF
- Psychic: Influence clarity of third eye chakra
- Access past lives, do past life work, activate dormant abilities
- Clairvoyance and clairaudience
- It’s a stone for mental clarity, and enables strong decision making abilities. Connect to the Divine Mind.
- Ease meditation and spiritual development
- Sparkle clear meditation
- Clarity to spiritual understanding and place in the world
- Stone of truth and honesty
- Good Business Practices
- Dispel Negativity
- Promote fertility
- Increase libido
- Dissolve Alzheimers
- Assists with the absorption of calcium
- Protector of pregnancy and motherhood
- Crown, Third Eye and Sacral Chakra
“What are the laws that govern it?”
G20 takes up global inequality challenge, Financial Times
Movement of the people!